West Bengal Student Credit Card
The West Bengal Government launched a Student Credit card scheme today. with this Credit Card, a student can get up to ₹10Lakh Limit to pursue higher studies. Anyone who has spent 10 years in West Bengal can avail of the benefits of it. The loan will be available for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, and post-doctoral studies in India or abroad. West Bengal student credit card scheme: Here’s all you need.
Benefits Of West Bengal Student Credit Card
- The chief minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee has launched West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
- Through this Scheme, students will be provided educational loans up to Rs 10 lakh for higher studies
- The decision to launch this scheme was taken in a state cabinet meeting which was held on 24 June 2021
- Students studying in class 10th or above will be able to take benefit of this scheme
- The loan provided through this scheme will be available at a very low rate of interest
- In order to get the number of loans students will be provided a credit card
- Through this credit card, students can withdraw the amount of loan
- All those students who are living in West Bengal for the last 10 years can take benefit of this scheme
- West Bengal Student Credit Card can also be availed for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, and postdoctoral studies in India or abroad
- This scene was a part of the election manifesto of Trinamool Congress
- The benefit of this scheme can avail till 40 years of age
- After getting job students have to repay the amount of the loan within a period of 15 years
Eligibility Criteria Of West Bengal Student Credit Card
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal
- Applicant must be living in West Bengal for a period of at least 10 years
- The upper age limit to apply for this scheme is 40 years
Required Documents To Apply For Student Credit Card
- Aadhar card
- Residence certificate
- Age proof
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Bank account details
- Mobile number
- Passport size photograph
How To Apply For Student Credit Card
- Use Dekstop or Laptop For a better experience.
- First of all, go to – https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/
- Click on Student Registration.
- After clicking Student Registration – you will see a new form to fill up.
- Remember the password you enter.
- Fill in all details and click on the register.
- They will SEND you OTP on your number.
- Enter and verify.
- Then you will receive a notification on the screen.
- You have successfully Registered In WBSCC. Your Registration Id is WBXXXXXX Your login credentials have been sent to your mobile no. Kindly log in with your credentials.
- Your Registration Id is WBXXXXXX this is important so save the id number on the note.
- Click here and go to the login page.
- Enter your Registration Id – WBXXXXXX.
- Enter your password.
- Login was done.
- After login into your account Dashboard – you will see everything in all details.
- Now click on Apply Now button.
- After that, you need to fill in all information.
- Like Bank details and address etc.
- Click on Save & continue.
- Now, wait for the approval.
- Enjoy a Student Credit Card of up to ₹10 Lakh with an annual simple interest.
- Everything About West Bengal Student Credit Card – PDF Download Click Here To Download PDF
- Complete Process On PDF – Download
- Click Here To Download PDF
About the Student Credit Card Scheme
- Under the visionary leadership of Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal has introduced the Student Credit Card Scheme for the students of West Bengal to enable them to pursue education without having any financial constraints.
- Students studying in various coaching institutions for appearing in different competitive examinations like Engineering, Medical, Law, IAS, IPS, WBCS, etc, can also avail of the loan under this scheme.
- A student from West Bengal can obtain a maximum loan of Rs. 10 lakhs @ 4% per annum simple interest from the State Cooperative Bank and its affiliated Central Cooperative Banks and District Central Cooperative Banks and Public/ Private Sector Banks.
- 1% interest concession will be provided to the borrower if the interest is fully serviced during the study period. The upper age limit for the interested students has been kept as 40(forty) years at the time of applying for a loan.
- The repayment period shall be fifteen (15) years for any loan availed under this Credit Card including the Moratorium/ repayment holiday. For details kindly go through the Scheme given in this portal.